The country's political climate is tense due to the ongoing impeachment process of deputy president Mr. Rigathi Gachagua.
This impeachment is very unusual because no other impeachment of a deputy president has been planned since the constitution was ratified in 2010.
Hon. George Gachagua, a member of parliament from Ndaragwa, was at odds with his constituents over his position on the recently concluded impeachment proceedings against former deputy president Rigathi Gachagua.
More than 280 lawmakers backed the impeachment resolution that Kibwezi member Hon. Hon. George was Mwengi Mutuse.
In his defence, the lawmaker appeared unrepentant, saying that growth was more important to him than the politics of impeachment.
The MP went on to say that everyone is welcome to abstain from voting for him in 2027 because of the impeachment motion.
"I made that decision on purpose. "The MP declared, "I will vote to send Rigathi home even if that impeachment motion against him is presented in parliament tomorrow."
"I am a member of parliament because of your votes, and they will also determine whether or not I stay in that position in 2027. Because of the impeachment motion, people are welcome to abstain from voting for me.
"Anyone who is against development is my enemy right now," the lawmaker added. "I also welcome those who will vote for me based on my track record of progress."
The crowd chanted their disapproval of the MP as he voiced his views.
This is not the first incident to happen, especially in the Mount Kenya area. Moses Kuria, Susan Kihika, and Rahab Mukami are a few well-known politicians who have encountered similar circumstances with the public.
Tags
Politics