“I Have No Mortal Enemy”: Winnie Odinga Embraces Raila’s Handshake Philosophy, Signals a New Approach as She Seeks Meetings With Ruto and Uhuru

East African Legislative Assembly (EALA) parliamentarian Winnie Odinga has signalled a conciliatory approach to politics after saying she would be willing to sit down with both President William Ruto and former President Uhuru Kenyatta for advice and guidance.

Winnie, the daughter of the late former Prime Minister Raila Odinga, made the remarks during an interview with a Nigerian YouTuber and journalist on August 29, 2026.

Her comments have attracted attention because of the contrast between her approach and some of the political battles that have characterised Kenya's recent politics.

According to Winnie, she does not view herself as having inherited political enemies from her father and would instead prefer to build relationships with people across the political divide.

She said she would be interested in meeting Uhuru Kenyatta and seeking his guidance on the political journey ahead.

“I’ll definitely meet him for guidance and advice,” Winnie said, explaining that she did not believe she had personal disagreements with people simply because of political differences involving her late father.

RELATED ARTICLE: “My Hubby Wants Divorce Because of Shame,” Real Estate Lady Linked to Viral Russian Man Says, Video Emerges On Telegram
She added that she was interested in maintaining the friendships that her father developed during his long political career.

“I don’t have beef with anybody. I don’t have a mortal enemy. I’ve not inherited enemies. But I’m trying to inherit my father’s friends,” she said.

Winnie also expressed a willingness to meet President William Ruto, despite the long and sometimes bitter political rivalry between Ruto and the Odinga family.

“I’d love to sit with President Ruto for advice,” she said.

She further indicated that she would be open to discussions with other political figures, describing herself as someone who prefers dialogue rather than confrontation.

“I would love to meet and sit with everybody. I’m not an antagonistic, starting-with-war sort of person. I’m happy to meet and be advised,” she added.

RECOMMENDED: Beautiful VIDEOs of Kakamega MCA Who Burned Clothes of Unnamed MP for Cheating on Her After Bursting Him With Mpango Wa Knado In AirBnB, Emerges

The remarks have revived memories of Raila Odinga's approach to political reconciliation, particularly his decision to enter into the 2018 “handshake” with then-President Uhuru Kenyatta following years of political rivalry.

The agreement between Raila and Uhuru dramatically changed Kenya's political landscape at the time, bringing the two former rivals together and reducing political tensions that had followed the disputed 2017 presidential election.

Winnie's comments are therefore being interpreted by some observers as an indication that she may be willing to maintain communication with politicians from across the political divide.

Her reference to Uhuru is particularly notable given the former president's long political relationship with her late father.

At the same time, her willingness to meet Ruto comes against the backdrop of increasingly heated political exchanges between the President and Uhuru.

Ruto has repeatedly accused Uhuru of supporting or encouraging opposition activities against his administration, allegations the former president has rejected.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post